The first step to becoming a diving instructor, PADI Assistant Instructor Course
Who should take this course?
If you want an passionate and extraordinary life – sign up for the PADI Assistant Instructor course at NB Divers. Do what you love the most as a job and explore the world while meeting diverse people.
Through the PADI Assistant Instructor course, you have the additional experiences as a professional diver, as well as learn the PADI System. As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you will be able to assist almost every PADI courses efficiently and conduct some of the courses independently.
Diver Prerequisites :
- PADI Divemaster or leadership level with another diver training organization
- Age 18 or older
- A minimum of 60 logged dives; documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation
- Certified diver for six months
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months
Training Period : 12 DAYS
What will you learn?
Topics that you can study by PADI eLearning or Course Director-directed learning:
- Learning, Instruction and the PADI System
- PADI Standards and Procedures
- Risk Management and Diver Safety
- Marketing Diving and Sales Counseling
- Start Diving
- Teaching Specialties
The following topics are mandatory:
- Course Orientation
- Preparing Knowledge Development Presentations
- Conducting Open Water Dives
- Mapping Project in Open Water
Plus, there will be Presentation Assessments on Knowledge Development, Confined Water Dive, Open Water Dive, etc.
How can you start learning now?
Register for IDC Online – PADI’s eLearning option that lets you study independently at your own pace before class. Prestudy online saves classroom time, which allows more time for practicing the skills that distinguish you as a PADI Instructor.
Also, sign up for Dive Theory Online. The program is a straightforward review of dive physics, physiology, skills, equipment and environment, plus using the Recreational Dive Planner (RDP).
- PADI IDC Crew-pak
- Aquatic Cue Cards for essential courses: Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water Diver, Rescue Diver, and Divemaster
- Diving Knowledge Workbook and etc
- Lesson Planning Slates for Confined Water and Open Water Training Dive
- Quizzes and Exams Booklets for essential courses
- Specialty Course Instructor Guides: Peak Performance Buoyancy, Project AWARE and AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation
- PADI Instructor Manual
DAY 1~2 Online Section PART #1
DAY 3~4 Online Section PART #2
DAY 5~6 Orientation to IDC / Teaching in Confined Water / Pool session : Skill Circuit & Rescue Techniques
DAY 7~8 Knowledge Development Presentation / Conducting Open Water Dives / Confined Water Presentation / Diver Essential Workshop
DAY 9~10 Knowledge Development Presentation / 4E Counseling Workshop / Trial Exams about Dive Theory and Standard
DAY 11~12 Open Water Presentation
Join the NB Divers’ Pro team right now!
- Sign up for the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor course
- Conduct PPB, Project AWARE Specialist, and AWARE - Coral Reef Conservation Diver courses
- Conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program
- Check the FAQ
- Read the NB Divers' Course and Tour Reviews
- See the PADI Pros' Reviews
Group Lesson : ￦1,800,000 / Private Lesson : ￦2,400,000
including : lesson fee, insurance, PADI Assistant Instructor manual
excluding : pool admission, scuba tank rental fee, expenses for the open water training, PADI Assistant Instructor application fee