Help raise the next generation of PADI instructors, PADI IDC Staff Instructor Course
IDC Staff Instructor
Who should take this course?
Just as scuba divers look up to divemasters, instructor candidates really respect IDC Staff Instructors. As the name implies, IDC Staff Instructors assist with instructor training and share their wisdom and experience with new PADI leaders. Taking the IDC Staff Instructor course provides you with in-depth knowledge of the instructor development process and prepares you to shape the next generation of PADI Professionals. As an IDC Staff Instructor, you help instructor candidates upgrade their teaching and marketing methods to the next level. Also, an IDC Staff Instructor can conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor course independently.
Diver Prerequisites :
- PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer
- Agree to conduct all PADI certification courses and experience programs using methods consistent with PADI Standards and philosophy as outlined in the PADI Instructor Manual and PADI’s Guide to Teaching
- Agree to use the PADI System and components in their entirety
Training Period : 10 DAYS
What will you learn?
After a pre-assessment of your instructor-level knowledge of dive theory, exemplary dive skills and role-model presentation techniques, you’ll participate in these sessions:
- Instructor development standards, procedures and curriculum
- How to organize and conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor course
- The psychology of evaluation and counseling
- Evaluating knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations
- Auditing an IDC or practicing teaching many curriculum components
How can you start learning now?
After you take classes by a NB Divers’ Course Director, you can complete this course with following options:
Option A – Auditing an IDC
Audit a complete IDC and learn through direct experience.
Option B – Practical Training
Present following seven components of the Assistant Instructor course’s curriculum independently.
- Course Orientation
- Learning, Instruction and the PADI System (Classroom Teaching Delivery Outline)
- Start Diving (Classroom Teaching Delivery Outline)
- Knowledge Development Presentation (Classroom Teaching Delivery Outline)
- Teaching Specialties (Classroom Teaching Delivery Outline)
- Teaching Confined Water Dives
- Instructing Open Water Dives
All the learning materials you need for the IDC Staff Instructor course include a PADI Course Director instructional manual and confined water and open water dive skill evaluation slates.
DAY 1 Course Orientation / PADI Systems, Standards & Procedures Exam / Dive Theory Exam
DAY 2 Instructor development standards, procedures and curriculum / How to organize and conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor course / Skill Evaluation Preassessment / Confined Water Presentation Preassessment
DAY 3 Knowledge Development Presentation Preassessment / The psychology of evaluation and counseling / Knowledge Development Presentation Evaluation
DAY 4 Confined Water Presentation Evaluation / Open Water Presentation Evaluation
DAY 5~10 Option A or B
The IDC Staff Instructor course is the last course that NB Divers can provide.
- Conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor course
- Mentor the instructor candidates and IDC Staff Instructor candidates
- Assist Course Directors with IDCs and other instructor-level continuing education courses
- Evaluate the presentations by the instructor candidates
- Check the FAQ
Group Lesson : ￦1,500,000 / Private Lesson : ￦2,000,000
including : lesson fee, insurance, PADI Course Director manual, Evaluation Slates
excluding : pool admission, scuba tank rental fee, expenses for the open water training, PADI IDC Staff Instructor application fee